Friday, December 9, 2011

A PLAGUE on PROMOTION



This is a WHINE list you do not have to uncork.

Simply take your WHINING (on any topic) and add it to the
COMMENTS below.

1 - You CAN drink wine while spilling your beans in "comments."
2 - 4 letter words that have to do with sex or bodily functions will be CORKED!
  3- You can tell readers what pisses you off royally - just do it in a "literary" manner.
4 - Be a GRINCH if you must, but humor always earns a gold star!
5 - THINK before you write - or at least before you hit SEND. 

 6 - BE  SMART
Do not WHINE about stuff that could get you
jailed,
sued, divorced, or otherwise spanked!

This is my road - so MY rules apply.
(Whine about it if you like. . .)

=========================================

My WHINE
for Dec 9th 2011

A PLAGUE on PROMOTIONS!
Are you fed up with e-mails that harangue you about someone's New Product, New Service,  or the explosion of, "Please look at my Blog and Comment" e-mails.  These often come from members of the various social networking sites you are on.  Then there are the big chains that feel it is their democratic right to blow in and out of your IN BOX with lists of their offerings -
P-U-L-E-A-S-E!


AND BY THE WAY: those groups that Social Networks are deigned to form are becoming more-and-more like rabbits!  They sure multiply like them.  I swear I never signed up for half of the ones that pound on my IN-BOX door, and berate me about their products, their offerings, or their wonderful blogs.  Ahaaaa!!  
.
Does all that e-mail scrounging for attention really work?  Will I sell more of my "stuff" if I send the poor unsuspecting slobs in my many groups, lists, and circles, a raft of e-mails every week?  I know how I feel when I get bombarded by the same source too often:  GRRR!  GNASH TEETH!
HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE!   KA BOOM!  Medic please. . .

So YES, I am now sure HELL is paved with streets of IN-BOXES full of spam.  And we poor misguides sinners must open, read, and reply to every one of them before we become eligible for redemption - or even a 5 minute lull in the e-onslaught!   
 YIKES!! I'd better shape up.  No more sleeping in on Sundays, or nodding off in my pew.   No more forgetting to send thank you notes for holiday gifts.  And definitely no more passing the Salvation Army bell ringer outside Wall-mart without dropping some hefty change in his box.   

Hmmm. . .  Can't you guess?  My being nice, rather than naughty, will soon become a HUGE DRAG.  But those streets with my name on them, paved with IN-BOXES, might just pull me back on track - YOU THINK?

WHAT DO YOU THINK?   

 
WHAT'S YOUR BRAND OF WHINE ?
 The WHINE box is listed below
(under comments of course!)



===================




2 comments:

  1. Love this post. Exactly how I feel some mornings. And lately I've taken to avoiding my inbox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne, you and me BOTH! Good to get your reaction, mate.


    Give BOOKS this Holiday Season!
    http://www.margotfinke.com

    ReplyDelete