Friday, December 16, 2011

More WHINE - On the Night Before Christmas . . .


This is a WHINE list you do not have to uncork.

Simply take your WHINING (on any topic) and add it to the
COMMENTS below.

My WHINE RULES
1 - You CAN DRINK wine while spilling your beans in "comments."
2 - 4 letter words that have to do with sex or bodily functions will be CORKED!
  3- You can tell readers what pisses you off royally - just do it in a "literary" manner.
4 - Be a GRINCH if you must, but humor always earns a gold star!
5 - THINK before you write - or at least before you hit SEND. 

 6 - BE  SMART
Do not WHINE about stuff that could get you
jailed, sued, divorced, or otherwise spanked!

This is my road - so MY rules apply.
(Whine about it if you like. . .)


===================================
MORE WHINE

ADD to mine of|
December 13th -

This post came to me in the spirit of my
Christmas WHINE of Dec 13th (below)

Ann Whitford Paul wrote this delightful WHINING take on
"Twas the Night Before Christmas."

Ann writes children's books ( YEA!)  that are also a delight to read.
 http://www.annwhitfordpaul.net

**Look in the COMMENTS below for more WHINES! 



'Twas the late night of Christmas, when all through the house
everyone was exhausted, even the mouse.
The stockings were empty.  They drooped on a chair.
 I slumped on the carpet filled with despair
 for my children were whining, the girl and the boys,
complaining already about all their toys.

"My video game sucks."

"My doll lost her head."

"Enough!"  Father shouted and took them to bed. 


I dragged myself up and started to clean
 the hurricane mess, the worst that I'd seen-
 red and green papers smushed in a mound,
 cards, boxes and ribbons, tossed all around,
 dirty dishes and glasses, pots and pans, too.
 "AGGHHHHHHHH!" I screamed like a wicked-witch shrew.

Out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
 I rushed to the door to see what was the matter.
 Cloaks of thick snow covered the ground.
 The trees stood like kings, icicle crowned.

When what to my wondering eyes should appear, 
but a miniature sleigh led by tiny reindeer, 
with a little old driver, white-haired and quick, 
I knew right away it was Mrs. Saint Nick.

She parked in our yard, clamored out of the sled,
 and greeted me with a slight bow of her head.
 Then she rushed in the house and poured me sweet tea.
 "Your job now is nothing.  Just sit and watch me."
 She surveyed all the clutter.  Like an angry clerk,
 she rolled up her sleeves and went right to work.
 
She scrubbed all the pans.  She washed every plate.
 In the blink of an eye she packed up and crated
 the boxes and bags.  She grunted and groaned
 and dusted and swept 'til everything shone.
 
I gave her a hug, heartfelt and hard,
 and walked her back out to her sled in the yard.
 I heard her complain ere she drove out of sight,
 "My husband has fun on Christmas Eve night,
BUT . . .
 I'm forced to follow and set things back right."


 ==================================
WHAT DO YOU THINK?   

 
WHAT'S YOUR BRAND OF WHINE ?
 The WHINE box is listed below
(under comments of course!)


===================================

Give kid's BOOKS this Holiday Season!
http://www.margotfinke.com

====================================
 

4 comments:

  1. So do I Janet. Very clever and well done


    Give BOOKS this Holiday Season!
    http://www.margotfinke.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Here's mine, please remember I'm no poet (I didn't even try):

    I will fret no longer,
    I will stay in the moment,
    and not become dismayed
    of my long To Do List
    that scrolls across the floor.

    Do what I can and be happy with that
    for what matters is my sanity and
    not the unchecked to do items.

    For the happiness of my hubby and girls
    I will stay within the moment and
    cherish each second, for time goes so quickly.

    Wishing you a very Merry Christmad and Blessed New Year,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Donna. See, no hangover either!!!

    Margot

    ReplyDelete